6.8.13

Homeward Bound

My photos have come down, my bags are packed and in 12 hours I will be hopping on a plane and flying back across the pond to that place I call home. 


I spent my last night in Manhattan and had a lovely meal with my friend Catherine; it was a vegetarians paradradise washed down with a glass of the fizzy stuff. 




                                         





My photos wrapped and ready to go to their new owners. 

Although I will be returning to this incredibly city, I feel it necessary to say thank you to a few people that have made the last 3 months extra special. Thank you to Barry, Karin and the entire Bait Tackle Crew for being so awesome and welcoming and letting me hold my exhibition in the coolest pub ever. Thank you to the staff from Baked for copious amounts of free coffee. Thank to Agnes from the bakery section in Fairway for always having a smile on your face (yes, I the celiac befriended the lady from the bakery isle). Thank you to the guy that gave his number on a napkin (I didn't think that kind of thing actually happened) and the Scottish guy that asked me for directions and half an hour later we were still talking . Thank you to the people at the Fig and Olive restaurant that gave me a free cocktail on my birthday and the staff from the Oyster Restaurant who gave me, the now infamous, lobster bib (that bad boy is coming home with me!). Thank you to my (drinking) partner in crime Caitlin and her loveable roommate for having me to lunch at Google. Thank you to Dave for letting me take photos in his Grandfathers incredible apartment on the Upper West Side, some of which made it into the exhibition. Thank you to Joe for introducing me to Angie, another friend made in NYC. Thank you to Catherine for being so lovely and sharing my last night in NYC with me. Thank you to Jane & Hope for being awesome neighbours at work and always around for a chat. And last but not least thank you to the little family of 3 that has had me as an honorary member for the last 3 months and allowed me to experience this awesome city, it has been a crazy, fun ride. 

Now I must go and say the last of my goodbyes, do my last shop in Fairway and try grab my last free coffee from Baked! ;-) 










No comments:

Post a Comment