23.9.13

The Colours of The Sky and The Taste of Gin.

I'm back on the gin band wagon, however I feel it prudent to inform you that it is through no fault of my own, except for being a caring citizen of the community. Let me tell you what happened...so, this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside-down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there and I'll tell you how I became the....oh no wait, I'm not Will Smith..wrong story...hang on! ;) Here's what really happened....yesterday evening, as I was about to leave work, I discovered an iPhone on the sidewalk. Instead of flogging it on eBay (or down at the Bait and Tackle), I decided to look through the phonebook in order to try and find its owner.  I called 'Mom' and 'Home' but had no response so I tucked it away in the safe and headed off my hot date (*cough*).  The next morning the iPhone rang so I answered it and it was the owners wife; after a quick chat she said she would be in to collect later in the day. When she turned up she gave me an envelope and inside was a voucher for Dry Dock, the liquor store just down the road! On my previous visit, as my long standing readers will know, I was done a good job of working my way through their selection of Gins! On my way home this evening I happened to walk passed Dry Dock, and for fear of loosing the gift voucher I thought it best to go and spend it straight away just to be on the safe side! So you see, the fact that I am currently sat with a G&T in my hand really isn't my fault! ;)

I was hoping to drink my G&T on the roof and raise a glass to Lady Liberty but I nearly got blown over upon getting out the lift so I decided to retreat back downstairs. 

This is my current view....




Now the NYC Water Taxi has just turned up...






The best thing about the evenings drawing in are the colours of the sky. They are so beautiful; all the different shades of blues and turquoise through to pinks and oranges.

So tomorrow (Monday) I am off into the Manhattan! Yay! Hopefully I'll have an array off pics and the odd anecdote to show and tell from my day out in the big city! 

The beautiful colours have now faded from the sky and all that remains are the golden lights form Staten Island and the Verrazano Bridge. 

Good Night x







No comments:

Post a Comment