14.9.13

Back on American Soil!


On Thursday eve, in the thunder, lightening and torrential rain, I landed back on American Soil, yep – the English gal is back in the Big Apple! Apart from the horrendous weather I encountered another slight hiccup which lead me to think that New York wasn’t as pleased to see me as I was to see it – one of my suitcases had been lost and I had to leave the airport with only half of my belongings. This, combined with a long flight, hours of queing and the fact that I was now a long way from home, left me feeling a little emotional.

Yesterday, on Friday 13th, things seemed to redeem themselves; the stormy weather had been replaced with blues skies and in the afternoon I received a call from the airport to say that my luggage had been located and was on its way to me! Phew! I have never had missing luggage before and was preparing myself for the worst, thinking that I would never see my stuff again, so when I heard it had been found I was over the moon!

You’ll be surprised to hear that I have been in New York for a little over 36 hours and I have yet to visit the Bait & Tackle, (I know, its almost criminal!), but don’t worry that will be rectified over the weekend.

As I'm aure you are well aware, today is Saturday 14th September, which can only mean one thing, it is a very special lady’s birthday, my lovely Auntie Liz! Happy Birthday to You!! Love you and miss you lots and lots and lots!




No comments:

Post a Comment