1.11.13

The morning after the night before..

I woke up this morning to discover a rather scary person looking back at me in the mirror. Yep...I had forgotten to take off my halloween make up which had rather impressively stayed in place all night! As for my hair…well, after being backcombed to within an inch of its life it is just starting to return to its "normal" self after 3 bouts of conditioner and some serious brushing. 

All in all my first American Halloween experience was pretty darn cool! Sadly I didn't make it into the parade as I completely underestimated how insanely busy it was going to be, instead I watched from the sidelines.  Even doing that was totally crazy. The pavements were line with people so much so that it took me about 30 mins to walk one block in sardine fashion. However the atmosphere was electric and the costumes were amazing. Every character under the sun was out on 6th Ave last night. There was even someone dressed as a Van Gogh painting (Starry Night) , as well as Van Gogh himself who was chatting to Batman and Sponge Bob Square Pants. Surreal doesn't even cut it. 

After making a massive detour on foot to find a quieter subway station, I finally returned to Red Hook and whiled away the remained of my Halloween evening at the Bait and Tackle. Naturally. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment