9.7.13

Abs, Orpah and MoMA

So yesterday I planned a day of gallery/museum visits...but did I make it to a gallery/museum...not one! 

Let me tell you what happened...


First of all I got off the bus about the 3 stops to early had to walk for a while to get to the subway. After wasting about 30 mins, I got on the subway and made my way straight to MoMA (Mueseum of Modern Art) which currently has a exhbit called 'The Rain Room, which is gettting lots of press so I wanted to see it for myself. I qued for about 15mins to buy my ticket (I pretended to be a student, but didn't pull it off!) then once I paid for my full price adult ticket, the lady deicded to tell me that there was a 5 hour wait for the Rain Room!! I couldn't beleive it! I said I wasn't going to waste my day queing and asked for my money back! Lol! With a filthy look but no speech she returned me my money I wandered to 5th for some retail therapy. I was also on the hunt for the lastest issue of Oprah as Kempton & Co are in the August Issue!!!


Look who I pumped into on 5th...



One for the girls! ;)

After this 'photo opportunity' I had a wonder around Abercormbie but nothing took my fancy (apart from the obvious!). On a practical note I did actually want to buy some light weight clothes as its super hot here. I decided to head to a few high street clothes shops but got a bit side tracked and found myself in Henri Bendal and ended up buying an NYC bracelet by Alex and Ani. 

Next it was time for lunch as it was starting to get on a bit. I bought a lovely salad to takeway and sat right out side the Rockfeller Centre in the sunshine. 


I had planned to make my way to another Museum in Soho, in the afternoon but after I'd finished lunch I wanted to find some wifi to contact my Enlgish peeps; so where might I happen to find wifi but in a cocktail bar...








After several texts, emails, Facetime natters and a couple of cocktails I deicded it was too late to head to the Museum, but the shops were still open so I had a wander around 5th & 6th Ave. I also checked out a few news stands but still no sign of Oprah. 










Later on I caught the subway to the East Village to meet my firend Catherine for supper...and look what I found on the way to the platform....






I was so excited, I showed everyone on the train! lol! 'The Lambskin Anglo Bag 'could change your life'! Woo! 

I reached the East Village without getting lost, (very pleased with myself as I even had to swtich trains!). We ended up having supper at a funky Mexican Restaurant. 






Upon arrving home  I came back into wifi signal a noticed that I'd had a text from Caitlin, so it was a change of shirt, a spriz of Chanel and back out to the B&T (Bait & Tackle; now I'm a 'local' I'm allowed to abriveate it! The barman said so!). 























No comments:

Post a Comment