14.5.13


1 day and 17hrs hours to go…

So, today has been a day of continued packing and further farewells. Although I live in a city, my local patch has more of a village feel to it; so today I said my goodbyes to my version of ‘the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker’ - my version being: the grocer, the cobbler and the cocktail maker!

The day was punctuated at noon where I had lunch with a former colleague, and personal friend. When I say lunch, she had a bowl of lucky charms (a very apt cereal choice considering my imminent destination) and I had a Gin & Tonic! What can I say, this brief period of not working has led me to indulge in a lunchtime alcoholic beverage without the slightest feeling of guilt. My friend bought me a couple of farewell gifts, one of them being ‘The Not For Tourist (NFT) guide to Brooklyn’ – tonight’s bedtime reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment