15.5.13


Today is the day - only 71/2hrs til take off!

I realise that I have neglected to tell you about my day yesterday, so let me tell you about it while I sit here eating my porridge out of my favourite Emma Bridgewater bowls. (They’ll have porridge in New York right?)

So, the morning started off in a rather dull fashion as I ended up spending several hours backing up my computer. I’m usually not this sensible but I am waiting to upgrade my operating system, (I hope this is the right terminology because I don’t really know what I’m talking about), anyway the geeky guy, sorry I mean ‘genius’, at the apple store heavily advised that I back everything up before installing this upgrade thingy. You should have seen the look on his face when I said I’d never backed up before, it was like I’d committed murder! After backing up as many photos and documents as I felt necessary (yes, I did get rather bored), I met up with one on my old school friends for lunch. We went to this gorgeous little Café on only a few minutes away from my flat called The Primrose café and it was lovely. Despite being so close, and somewhere that I pass pretty much everyday, I had never actually eaten there before which totally ridiculous and even more so now that I’ve only just appreciated the day before my travels! Oh well, maybe I’ll head there for some sort of ‘Welcome Back’ gathering. My friend and I have known each other since we were about 10 years old and it’s so lovely that we’ve both ended up in Bristol.

My next afternoon appointment was slightly less glamorous than luncheon – I had a doctor’s appointment. I hate going to the doctors, its not because I’m scared or shy, it’s the bloody wait before hand. The doctors never seem to be running on time so I always end up sitting around in the waiting room picking up everyone else’s germs. Anyway back to my aliment – I have a swollen toe. It’s been this way for a couple of months now and its become agitated over the last couple of days, so I thought it best to get it checked out. I know what some of you may be thinking, as both my friend and my boyfriend thought the same – gout. Incidentally this was my first question to the doctor to put my mind at rest (anyway, isn’t this something that only 50 year old, overweight men suffer from?!). After a bit of prodding and bending of my toes the doctor confirmed I was gout free. Hurrah! However she couldn’t confirm what I actually did have wrong with my toe hence prescribing me a rather diplomatic prescription of ibuprofen gel and antibiotics ‘in case it gets worse’.

Later on, in the early evening, my friend popped by after work with a little farewell gift. When I say little, it was little in size but huge in thoughtfulness and generosity. It was a beautiful, amber coloured Monica Vinader ring. I’ve only recently stumbled across MV but absolutely love the design, colours and shapes of her jewellery and this ring is the piece of my collection.

I’m afraid I must conclude here as my friend will momentarily be arriving to pick me up to take me to the airport and I am still in my dressing gown. I have finished my porridge though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment