22.5.13

English Gal Goes Exploring Part ll


So last night I feel asleep without writing my blog! Sorry!

So here’s what I got up to yesterday…..

It was another day of exploring, but this time I explored the local ‘hood’ rather than going into Manhattan. I walked to Park Slope which is home to Propsect Park, Brooklyn’s answer to Central Park. It was a lovely hot sunny day, I even got a bit sun burnt and had to make an emergency visit to the ‘drug store’ to by some sun cream! 


Here's Propsect Park (through my eyes) :







The photos are pre-edit so I apologise as I know they need some slight altering. Oh, and don't go getting any ideas...I'm not planning on becoming a wild life photographer anytime soon! 

After my day spent in Park Slope I decided to get the bus home, another first on American soil. Rather conveniently, once I'd got off the bus, I had to walk passed the local off license (liquor store) to get back to the apartment, and I ended up making friends with the people working there. I was on the look out for a bottle of gin and ended up purchasing this:  


Greenhook Gin, Made in Brooklyn

Once I arrived home, with my bottle of gin in hand, there was a lovely surpise was waiting for me - a gorgeous bouquet of flowers sent to me by one of a my bestest gals from home! Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment