31.5.13

English Gal Heads to DUMBO...


Wow! Today has been a whooper of a day! I’ve spent the day at the store making keyrings, packing up some of our lovely bags to send to customers, contacting industry peeps, doing marketing bits and bobs, list making (there’s always lots of list making!)  and generally trying to keep cool as we currently have no AC and it is hot hot hot! But never fear the AC unit is en route. Phew!

Today's workshop creation. 

After work I decided to take a walk to Dumbo, an acronym for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass (not a place for bimbos and the mentally challenged as I’m sure some of you were thinking!). Dumbo is a couple of ‘hoods’ away and a bit of a longer walk than I had anticipated. After thinking I was never gona get there, I turned the corner into Brooklyn Bridge Park and this sight greeted me and made the walk worth while…..




After this the view just got better and better…


My jaw was on the floor whilst taking this photo, I couldn't believe how beautiful the view in front of me was.

The sunlight shining on Manhattan Bridge,with the Empire State Building glinting in the background. 

Lines.


A glimpse of Manhattan Bridge.


Street graffiti. 


Manhattan Bridge. 



It almost says my surname!


Dusk. 


I know it sounds cheesy but I still cant believe this is on my doorstep. I keep thinking that its not real and someone has pulled at 2D poster of the Manhattan skyline in front of my eyes. I think it will take a few more weeks before I realise that this view is real! 

On my walk home, (after all this excitement I forgot how far I had to walk to get back to the apartment) the stunning skyline was behind me so I kept turning around to check that it was still there! 

I've finally got home and poured myself a lovely chilled glass of fizz. Cheers!











No comments:

Post a Comment