26.6.13

My Morning at a Milliners

Behind an unsuspecting grey door, located off a back street in Gowanus, lies the bustling studio of milliner Tracy Watts.  The second floor studio was full to the rafters of hats, all at different stages of their life. It was a sensory delight as there was so much to see and touch, from the bright colours of the hat ribbons to the smooth texture of the wooden hat blocks.  There was also the background noise of the machinery, which to me, now being in the industry that I’m in, indicates that something beautiful is being created. On a normal day the hum of a sewing machine would signal the emergence of a handbag but today it was a lovely straw hat, perfect for summer. 





















It was really interesting and I felt very grateful to be able to visit the studio with my camera. Thank you Tracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment